Clerk's Elections Line: 248-625-5113
The Clerk is responsible for administering all federal, state, county and local elections held in Independence Township. The Clerk also maintains the Township’s voter registration records through direct access to Michigan's Qualified Voter File (QVF) system in cooperation with Michigan's Secretary of State. Michigan election law designates the Secretary of State as "chief election officer" with supervisory control over local election officials in the performance of their election related duties.
NEXT ELECTIONS - ALL VOTERS
AUGUST 4, 2020 - State Primary
NOVEMBER 3, 2020 - General (Presidential)
Precinct 3 and Precinct 13 Voters
Precinct 3 Moved to: Sr. Community Center @ Clintonwood Park - 6000 Clarkston Rd
Precinct 13 Moved to: Clarkston United Methodist Church - 6600 Waldon Rd
Election Inspectors are citizens who are paid to assist voters at the polls on Election Day. If you are interested in becoming involved in the election process and you are a registered voter living in Michigan, you may apply by completing and forwarding an Election Inspector Application or contact the Clerk's office at 248-625-5113 for further information.
Student Election Inspectors
Student Election Inspectors must be at least 16 years of age to assist voters at the Polls on Election Day. If interested, students may apply by completing and submitting a Student Election Inspector Application to the Township Clerk’s office. Further information can be obtained by calling 248-625-5113.
Election Day Management Training Videos for Election Inspectors:
- Introduction to Election Day Management
- Election Day Precinct Activities
- Processing Voters
- Provisional Ballots
- Checks and Balances / Quality Control
- Election Day Closing Procedures
- Electronic Pollbook (E-Pollbook)
Click on Topic to Access Information On:
- Michigan Election and Voter Information
This is the link to michigan.gov/vote to view your:
Voter Registration status, Sample Ballots, Polling Location, Absentee Ballot Tracker, & Voting FAQs
- Official Election Results
- Frequently asked questions
- How do I register to vote?
- Where do I vote?
- Polling Locations
- Interactive Precinct/Districts Map
- How do I obtain an Absentee Ballot?
- Federal Votong Assistance Program (FVAP.gov)
- MOVE Act (Military and Overseas Civilian Voters)
- Video: How to Vote Absentee When You're in the Military
- Voter ID Requirements
- Candidates and Proposals
- Voting Equipment Information
- League of Women Voters Election Information Enter your address to get your specific ballot summary!
- Application for Absent Voter Ballot
- Federal Post Card Application and Instructions (FPCA ballot request form for Military/Overseas Voters)
- Voter Registration Application
- Voter/Election Information Request-FOIA
- Request to Spoil Absentee Ballot
- Local - Township Board Offices forms: Candidate Packet Instructions and Affidavit of Identity
- Oakland County - Campaign Finance Requirments
- Sate of Michigan - Candidate Requirements for Filing for Office
- State of Michigan - Candidate Campaigning Dates and Deadlines
- State of Michigan Campaign Finance Searchable Data Base
- Political Sign Ordinance Article 12 - Signs; Sec. 12.02 - G. 2