Clerk's Elections Line: 248-625-5113
The Clerk is responsible for administering all federal, state, county and local elections held in Independence Township. The Clerk also maintains the Township’s voter registration records through direct access to Michigan's Qualified Voter File (QVF) system in cooperation with Michigan's Secretary of State. Michigan election law designates the Secretary of State as "chief election officer" with supervisory control over local election officials in the performance of their election related duties.
|Date||Election||Voter Registration Deadline|
|Tuesday, November 6th
||Tuesday, October 9th|
Election Inspectors are citizens who are paid to assist voters at the polls on Election Day. If you are interested in becoming involved in the election process and you are a registered voter living in Oakland County, you may apply by completing and forwarding an Election Inspector Application or contact the Clerk's office at 248-625-5113 for further information.
Student Election Inspectors
Student Election Inspectors must be at least 16 years of age to assist voters at the Polls on Election Day. If interested, students may apply by completing and submitting a Student Election Inspector Application to the Township Clerk’s office. Further information can be obtained by calling 248-625-5113.
Election Day Management Training Videos for Election Inspectors:
- Introduction to Election Day Management
- Election Day Precinct Activities
- Processing Voters
- Provisional Ballots
- Checks and Balances / Quality Control
- Election Day Closing Procedures
- Electronic Pollbook (E-Pollbook)
Click on Topic to Access Information On:
- Official Election Results
- Frequently asked questions
- How do I register to vote?
- Where do I vote?
- Polling Locations
- Interactive Precinct/Districts Map
- How do I obtain an Absentee Ballot?
- Absentee Ballot Tracker
- MOVE Act (Military and Overseas Civilian Voters)
- Video: How to Vote Absentee When You're in the Military
- Voter ID Requirements
- Candidates and Proposals
- Sample Ballots - Independence Township by Precinct (November ballots are not available yet)
- Sample Ballots - michigan.gov site
- Voting Equipment Information
- Leage of Women Voters Election Information Enter your address to get your specific ballot summary!
- Application for Absent Voter Ballot
- Voter Registration Application
- Voter/Election Information Request-FOIA
- Federal Post Card Application and Instructions (FPCA form for Military/Overseas Voters)
- Campaign Finance – Oakland County
- Filing for Office
- Candidate Filing Dates and Deadlines
- Campaign Finance State of Michigan Laws & Searchable Data Base
- Political Sign Ordinance Article 12 - Signs; Sec. 12.02 - G. 2